Ostara celebrates the spring equinox (March 20th, 2022 in Northern Hemisphere). It’s a time of new life and also new beginnings.
The world around us is once again awakening, and we should be too. The sabbat is a day of perfect balance between rousing and rest, light and darkness, and day and night. It offers us the opportunity to get rid of what no longer serves us to clear the way for newness, filled with joy, excited anticipation, and wonder.
Where Imbolc heralded in the return of the light, Ostara ushers in the emerging of new life on earth, the goddess transitioned from the crone to the maiden at Imbolc and gave birth to the god. At Ostara, the young god is thriving and bursting with playful energy. The maiden goddess is strong, nurturing, beautiful, and brimming with vibrant abundance and creativity. She beckons us to join her, opening her arms to embrace us with newfound balance, light, growth, and possibilities.
Call on the Goddess Ostara to give you the Motivation you Need
Ostara is the perfect time to sow the seeds of change, improvement, goals, and intentions that you want to manifest. There’s no age limit to living a better life, no insurmountable problem, and no one unworthy of achieving their heart’s desires. What dreams, wishes, and plans are buried in your heart? Ostara brings a powerful magic of renewal. Call on her to help you to expose those hidden ideas and make them intentions and goals. Remember that although the goddess openly shares her magic, we have to work that magic with genuine intention and decisive action.
RITUAL TO INVOKE THE ENERGY OF THE GODDESS OSTARA
You can do this the day of or day before Ostara so that you have already embraced her energy on the sabbat. Dress your altar (if you have one) with green, lavender, pale blue, pink, and yellow flowers, and correspondences.
A white candle
A floral essential/spell oil (lavender/jasmine/rose are good) to anoint the candle
Two amethyst crystals
• Cast a circle of protection
• Carve a hare or a butterfly on the candle to represent the goddess
• Carve your name on the opposite side of the candle
• Anoint the candle by rubbing oil all over it, from bottom to top
• Light the incense and run the two amethysts through the smoke
• Do some breathwork and open your crown and heart chakras
• Breathing steadily, rub your hands together to open the palm chakras
• Hold an amethyst in each hand
• Light the candle and focus on the flame
• Visualize the goddess rising from the flame and standing over you
• Feel the love and compassion she exudes; feel her creativity and vitality
• Close your eyes and draw her energy in through your crown and into your heart
• Draw the energy from your heart into your palms
• Feel her energy flowing through you and into the crystals as well as your body
• The crystals can become hot, and your palms might start tingling; you’re connecting
• If you have specific goals, you can visualize them manifesting before you say the incantation:
“Beautiful Goddess, creator of new life and beginnings
Let your energy and presence be my guide and inspiration.
Help me bring my hopes and dreams into reality
Let my actions, with your care, be my life’s manifestation.”
Stay with the goddess’s energy for as long as she stays with you. As her energy fades, know that she hasn’t left you; you can call on her any time. The amethysts are also now charged with the power of Ostara. Use them in spell work or any other rituals on the sabbat or carry them on your person.
I hope this ritual helps you to connect with Ostara and helps you manifest your goals for this year. Let the new beginnings of this spring be the beginning of something wonderful in your life.